Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mark van Dam
    Participant

Hi guys,

Since a couple of days the event calendar (EventOn plugin) on our website is not working anymore. This calendar heavily depends on admin-ajax.php to function. But for some reason the sign-up sheets pro plugin is blocking access to this php file. If I disable the sign-up sheets plugin everything else works fine, but when I enable the sign-up sheets plugin the whole website loses access to admin-ajax.php. Please check with dev tools: http://www.hooglandsekamer.nl > Network > admin-ajax.php > preview. It says access denied. When the user is logged in as admin user it does load the php file correctly. Basically at this moment the website’s visitors don’t have access to the events because they are loaded through AJAX.

Hope you can help me out and figure out why this is happening!

Thanks a lot and kind regards,
    Mark van Dam

Mark van Dam
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Fetch Designs
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

I’m reviewing this issue and will update you as soon as I have a resolution or if I have any other questions. Thanks!

Fetch Designs
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mark van Dam
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for looking into it. Your provided beta (v2.2.3) solved the issue! Thanks a lot. Just out of curiosity, what do you think was the cause? I don’t know why or how it started, but at any given moment the sign-up sheets plugin was enabled, access to admin-ajax.php was restricted to (logged in) admin users only. I’ve verified the issue on multiple devices with different browsers and all came up with the same result. The other plugin (EventOn) was depending on the php file to load the agenda items using Ajax.

Thanks a lot for helping out!

Kindest regards,
    Mark

Fetch Designs
    Keymaster

The issue was caused inadvertently by an update in version 2.2.2 which had some unintended side effects with other content. Version 2.2.3 has since been released officially so the issue should hopefully not re-appear. If you have any other trouble, please let me know. Thanks!

Mark van Dam
    Participant

Great job, thanks for the help!

Kind regards,
    Mark

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.