Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    calvinm
    Participant

Can users go back and edit values of custom sign-up fields later (after the have completed a sign-up)?

We are interested in using this plug-in for a cycling club. We organize bicycle rides each week and want a way for members to sign up to lead specific speed groups on a given ride (event). After the ride is over, we want those leaders who signed up to go back and add how many people joined them for the ride.

Thanks

PeterPoggi
    Participant

Hi Calvin,
    I’m really new to Sign-ups so I just tested this to see what would happen. I back dated a sign up sheet to last week and wanted to see if it would appear with my other, active sheets using the [sign_up_sheet] short code. It did NOT appear, so apparently that short code only shows current day or future sign up sheets.
    When I used the short code to show that specific sheet, however [sign_up_sheet ID=12767], it DID display the sheet, even though it was dated in the past.

I hope this helps

PeterPoggi
    Participant

Just a quick update… even though the sign-up sheet appeared using the sheet specific short code, the sign-ups were locked and unable to be edited. The only way I see to accomplish this would be to include some sort of post ride report form as part of the page. The ride leader would be able to complete data fields in the report form and submit them. Good Luck

calvinm
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback Peter.

An extension to the question…
    What if there is no date for the event? So that they are never in the past?

PeterPoggi
    Participant

I just tried it. Maybe you can see it – Click here: https://umcvfd.org/member-staffing-assignments/
    Looks like it appears, and it is able to be edited.

calvinm
    Participant

Thanks so much for your example! I WAS able to go in and play. Interesting idea of adding a second signup to gather more data.
    What I was wondering though is if custom fields are added to the signup form so that number of riders is on the same line as Name, can their values entered be changed after a signup has been entered. Like a user being able to delete their signup, can they edit their signup? I don’t see any custom fields in your example, but I also don’t see any way to reopen the existing signup for editing.
    Am I missing something or is that it?

PeterPoggi
    Participant

Sorry, I thought I had hit Submit but never did.

I’m glad you were able to get in. In regard to your questions…
    Custom fields: I’m new to this also, so I have not yet figured out how to add custom fields to the sign up form.
    Sign-Up Editing: I suspect that the reason you cannot edit the form is that you don’t have admin privileges’ on our site. I am still able to edit the form

calvinm
    Participant

To add a custom field like I was asking about, go to Sign-up Sheets Settings.
    Scroll down to the Sign-up Form section and at the bottom is Custom Sign-up Field.
    If you could add a custom field and see if it’s value can be edited after a sign-up has been done, I think that is what I am trying to get an answer on before buying a Pro licence.

Thanks again for sticking with me on this!

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by calvinm.
    PeterPoggi
    Participant

No problem Calvin, glad to help as I’m also learning. Looks like the custom fields is a “Pro” version capability. I’m going to get it through my webhost, as I think this will work for our organization. Soon as I can do that I’ll let you know.

PeterPoggi
    Participant

Calvin, Our station decided to move forward with a paid license, as it offers the functionality we need. I’ve added a custom field to the sample test sign-up we’ve been working on

calvinm
    Participant

Thanks Peter,
    I cannot change/add a value for # of riders on the sign-ups I already did. Are you able to change the values as an adkmin?
    I guess if you turned on the ability for people to delete their sign-ups, I could delete and add again allowing me to enter a value.

PeterPoggi
    Participant

I don’t believe I have self-removal disabled. You should be able to do that.

calvinm
    Participant

I still would like to know if YOU can change the # of Riders on one of MY sign-ups.

Documentation says for me to have the delete ability on existing sign-ups, I need to be logged in.
    Did a new sign-up and I get an email with a link to delete which works. I can delete and reenter as a way to update the # of riders, but that is probably not good enough for our needs.

If YOU can change the values, we could work with that. people send their updates via email and an admin does the updates.

PeterPoggi
    Participant

Calvin, send me an email – I can give you my cell # and we can talk it through.
    peter.poggi@yahoo.com

• This reply was modified 10 months, 4 weeks ago by PeterPoggi.
    calvinm
    Participant

Email: calvin.mitts@gmail.com
    I am on west coast. My morning is best.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.