Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Keith Hudon
    Participant

Good plugin but here are my thoughts on tweaks or upgrades needed to make it amazing.

1) We should be able to change the size of the sign-up sheets in settings. The information is wrapping in the rows when there is tons of space on the website – we just don’t have an easy option to do it in the plugin settings. I can send you an email if needed if you want to look at the website to see what I am talking about. I don’t know if you make it from a webpage into a shortform for the sheet if that will make it easier…

2) An option to automatically clear signup sheet after a certain date or make it a weekly option. I use the singup sheet for a weekly pickup hockey games. Right now we have to make a weekly signup sheet or delete everyone who is coming from the week prior. It would make it very easy to just have an option to clear that sheet on say Wednesday when games are played on Tuesdays.

Fetch Designs
    Keymaster

Hi Keith,

Regarding your first point… any chance you can provide a link to where you are seeing this? There isn’t anything in the plugin that I can think of which would be restricting the width. I wonder if there is something coming from your theme doing this? If you can provide a link I can dig in a little further and get a better idea of what you are experiencing.

I’ll make sure to add your second point to the wishlist of possible future improvements. I can’t guarantee when or if this can be added to the plugin, though. However, if you are in need of this feature right away, just let me know and I can review and send you over a quote for adding this feature for you right now.

Thanks for your feedback!

Keith Hudon
    Participant
    Keith Hudon
    Participant

Ahhh I was doing it wrong

For my first comment #1 I was just linking the page when I should have been putting it in the page a linking the sheet ID – silly me.

Can you email me the quote for adding the new feature so it can clear the sign-ups on a particular time on a given week of the day. Thanks.

Keith

Fetch Designs
    Keymaster

Yes, I took a closer look and it appears your theme has some styles in place that are limiting the width of the content…

.entry-content>:not(.alignwide):not(.alignfull):not(.alignleft):not(.alignright):not(.is-style-wide) {
        --double-padding: calc(var(--go-block--padding--x)*2);
        max-width: var(--go--max-width);
        width: calc(100% - var(--double-padding));
    }

One workaround would be what you did by adding the shortcode for the sheet within another page which probably isn’t susceptible to this style. Another alternative would be in your theme to customize the Sign-up Sheet template and wrap everything within the “entry-content” div in a new div with a class “alignwide” which will tell your theme’s styles it’s okay to use the wide version of your layout. Below is an example of your new template file…

content-dlssus_sheet.php

<div class="alignwide">

<div class="dls-sus-sheet">

<h3><?php esc_attr_e('Sign up below...', 'fdsus'); ?></h3>

<?php dlssus_the_tasks_table(); ?>

</div><!-- .dls-sus-sheet -->

</div><!-- .alignwide -->

Alternatively, instead of adding yet another div you could just add that sale class to the existing one…

<div class="dls-sus-sheet alignwide">

<h3><?php esc_attr_e('Sign up below...', 'fdsus'); ?></h3>

<?php dlssus_the_tasks_table(); ?>

</div><!-- .dls-sus-sheet -->

You can learn more about customizing the sign-up sheet templates in the documentation.

I’ll review and get back to you on that other feature directly as well. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.