Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    John Frizzo
    Participant

We were having an issue not being able to properly edit our sign-up sheets. (Couldn’t re-arrange the tasks, couldn’t move headers, etc.)
    I realized we were on an older version of SUS. I renewed my license, deleted the old one and installed the new one. Activated my license. All the sheets are present, like expected. Our problem with editing the sheets is resolved.

HOWEVER … and this is big … now every sheet returns this:
    500 – Internal Server Error
    Please refresh this page or try again later.

No other page on my site displays this error, but every single sheet does … those no longer active, current ones and even new ones. I can edit them find but the actual sign-up sheet does not work.
    This is our list of active sheets:
    https://rockfordmichamber.com/volunteer-signup/

I have re-saved the Permalinks multiple times. I have changed the Sheet URL Slug, then re-saved Permalinks. I have emptied the server cache and even turned it off for this page. I have re-run the v2.1 Data Migration (not sure at all this would apply). None of these had any effect. I contacted my host and they looked at the logs and suggested I contact you.

John Frizzo
    Participant

I should also mention:
    WP is current at 5.7.2
    SUS Pro is 2.1.5.2
    PHP is 7.3.28. I also attempted using 7.4.18

Same error no matter what.

John Frizzo
    Participant

So … it’s been two days.
    Is there a more appropriate way to get the support I’ve paid for?

Fetch Designs
    Keymaster

Hi John,

A 500 error typically indicates a PHP error is being thrown although without know what exact error is being thrown it’s hard to determine what is causing it. I’m not aware of any existing issue that would cause this as the moment although it is possible it could be due to a conflict with the theme or another plugin specific to your setup. If you can enable WP_DEBUG, visit a sheet where you get a 500 error and then check your WordPress wp-content/debug.log file that may provide more information on the exact error that is being thrown. Depending on your server setup, you may instead need to track down a separate PHP error log that is being used which your host may be able to assist you with.

I will contact you directly to get some more specific information offline shortly to see if I can help troubleshoot this with you further.

John Frizzo
    Participant

I replied to your direct contact a couple days ago but haven’t heard anything.

Fetch Designs
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Thank you for your patience. Yes, I see your message sent yesterday in the early morning (Central time), but I was not available yesterday to review. I’m debugging now and will send you a direct message once I’ve finished.

John Frizzo
    Participant

We got it resolved … there were lingering files from an older version that were still present after an upgrade.

Fetch Designs
    Keymaster

Glad to hear it’s resolved. Thanks for the update!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.