The Sign-up Sheets WordPress Plugin is an online sign-up sheet manager where your users or volunteers can sign up for tasks that you set up.
Current Version #
1.0.14 (free) Sign-up Sheets Pro - WordPress Plugin5.0 of 5 rating based on 10 ratings (10)
UPDATE: Fetch Designs has recently taken over support and development for the Sign-up Sheets WordPress Plugin. We’re looking forward to adding new features and improvements to future updates. If you have a suggestion, please post it in the Suggestions Forum!
- Unlimited sheets, tasks and sign-ups
- Confirmation emails
- Clear spots in admin
- Copy a sheet
- Export all as CSV
- All the features of Free
- Custom fields
- Self removal on sign-ups
- Reminder e-mails
- Customize e-mails
- Set dates per task
- … and more! (full feature list below)
Includes 1 year of support and updates and initial 30-day money-back guarantee. *
* If you request a refund, all we ask is that we be given the opportunity to work with you to resolve any issue you may have experienced or detail why it’s not working for your needs so we can improve the Sign-up Sheets WordPress plugin going forward for all users. Thanks!
Free features include…
Create an unlimited number of sheets, tasks on each sheet and sign-ups on each task.
User will receive an email confirming they’ve signed up.
Admin can quickly clear spots when necessary.
Copy over all sheet information and tasks to a fresh sheet.
Download all sign-up information to a CSV.
Pro includes all features of Free plus…
Add unlimited custom fields on sign-up forms and tasks. Ability to mark for all sheets or set as sheet-specific. Supported field types are text, textarea, checkbox, radio button and dropdown.
Using a secure link in their confirmation email, users can remove their own sign-up record. ALSO, if users are logged in when they sign up, they will see a “Remove” link on the sign-up sheet next to their spot.
Automatically send a reminder email before an event. (optional)
Allows customization of the confirmation and reminder emails per sheet. (optional)
Dates can be assigned on the task-level rather than just the sheet. (optional)
Add one or more email address as a BCC on all sign-up and removal emails. This can be set globally and by sheet. (optional)
Allow the admin or Sheet BCC emails to be sent a Status E-mail that lists all current sign-ups. Email will be sent anytime a user signs up or removes themselves so they have the most recent list.
Enable reCAPTCHA on your sign-up forms for extra SPAM protection. (optional)
Set these fields as optional or just hide them altogether. This can be set for each field globally and by sheet.
Change how names are displayed on the public facing sheets to show first name and last initial, full name, or keep everyone anonymous.
Show all the data your users entered on their sign-up form on the sheet on the frontend. This is best used in a secure password protected area of your site or on a local environment. (optional)
Allow users to have your site remember their vital info (name, email, phone, address) for future sign-ups during that visit on your site. (optional)
Visual Editor for sheet description field so you can format your sheet description easily.
Edit the body of your sign-up confirmation, removal confirmation and reminder emails.
Display each task on one line as opposed to a new line for each available spot. This can be set globally and by sheet. (optional)
Download sign-up information by sheet to a CSV.
Edit the task title label to anything you like. Defaults to “What”
The ability to display more than 1 shortcode on a single page or post.
Copies current task information to a new task.
Allows searching for sheets by name in the admin (full or partial)
Prevents users from being able to sign up for a task more than once. This can be set globally and by sheet. (optional)
Prevents users from being able to sign up for a task directly before or after a task for which they have already signed up. This can be set globally and by sheet. (optional)
Allows a user to sign up for multiple tasks with one submitted entry. This can be set globally and by sheet. (optional)
Locks and holds a spot for 3 minutes when a user accesses the sign-up form. (optional)
Add header rows to help separate and organize tasks on your sheet more easily.
Ability to change the standard confirmation message after a successful signup into a larger Receipt-style confirmation message which includes all the fields they just signed up with.
Shows names and count of filled spots in the admin Edit Sheet screen. (optional)
1 Year of Support and Updates from date of purchase.
Includes 1 year of support and updates and initial 30-day money-back guarantee
If you request a refund, all we ask is that we be given the opportunity to work with you to resolve any issue you may have experienced or detail why it’s not working for your needs so we can improve the Sign-up Sheets WordPress plugin going forward for all users. Thanks!
Get News & Info About the Sign-up Sheets Plugin
FAQ & Support
You can also review the frequently asked questions below…
You can do this by creating any page or post and adding the
[sign_up_sheet] shortcode to the content. Then, go to the “Sign-up Sheets” section of your WP admin and create a new sheet. If you are using the Pro version, you can just go to /sheet/ (i.e. https://example.com/sheet/) on your website to view all available sheets instead of having to use the shortcode.
No. You will not lose any information and will retain all of your current sign-up sheets and sign-ups.
1. Download the plugin
2. From your WordPress Admin panel, click the Plugins Menu
3. Deactivate and delete any previous versions of Sign-up Sheets including the free version.
4. Within the Plugins menu, click the “Add New” button
5. Click the “Upload Plugin” button from the menu at the top
6. Select the Sign-up Sheets zip file you downloaded and click the “Install Now” button
7. After installation is complete, click “Activate Plugin”
Manual Install – FTP
1. Download the plugin and extract the files
2. Copy the `sign-up-sheets` directory and all its files to your `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
3. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
4. Create a new blank page and add the
Yes, in `Settings > Sign-up Sheets` you can specify any email you want. It defaults to the email address set in `Settings > General`.
- In the WordPress Admin, go to Settings > Sign-up Sheets
- Under the heading “Sign-up Form” and then ”Custom fields” you will find a row of fields with headings like “Name”, “Slug”, “Type”, etc.
- Enter the text “Comments” under the field in the Name column
- Under Slug you can leave it blank and it will be automatically generated. Or you can enter a value you want. This is not displayed on the front-end, but just identifies the field in the database.
- Under Type select “Textarea”
- Leave Options blank since this is not needed for a Textarea. However, if you are adding Checkbox, Radio or Select options you can enter each new option on a new line and they will display on the front-end
- Under Sheets you can select “All” to display this new Comments field on all sheets or select one or more existing sheets if you only want it to display for certain ones.
- Click the “Save Changes” button at the bottom
- Confirm by going to your sign-up sheet on the front-end and clicking the “Sign-up” link to view the form. You should now see a Comments textarea added to the bottom of the form.
Custom Task Fields (on the Sign-up Sheet) are fields that appear when you create or edit a sheet in the admin on each task that you create. They are for display purposes only on the front-end.
Custom Sign-up Fields (on the Sign-up Form) are fields that the users fill out on the front-end of the form they use to sign-up for an open spot.
Yes, the license will expire 1 year from date of purchase and will require a renewal for ongoing support and updates. The plugin will continue to work, although an active license is required for support and updates.
Your task date has passed. Updating the task date to a future date will correct this. This is specific to sheets that use a date set on the task as opposed to the sheet.
It’s a simple form of captcha/spam protection. You can replace this with a stronger version called reCAPTCHA or disable all protection by selecting “disable all captcha” within the “Captcha and Spam protection” tab under settings.
Yes. You can remove all protection by selecting “disable all captcha” within the “Captcha and Spam protection” tab under settings.
This is typically due to a cache issue. We recommend disabling caching on pages that use the
[sign_up_sheet] shortcode so it is always displaying the most updated results.
Reminder emails are only sent if someone accesses the site the day of the scheduled reminder email. The WordPress cron depends on someone visiting the site in order to trigger the cron job. For sites with lower traffic, it’s usually recommended they setup a more precise cron system on their web server that can run the WordPress cron in the event that no users access the site.
You can test if emails are successfully sent by WordPress in the Help section of Sign-up Sheets. If the test email is successfully sent but still not being received….
- Ask the recipient to check their SPAM mailbox or SPAM filters. Your “From” address may need to be added to their list of safe senders.
- Check with your host to see if they can trace emails being sent from your site. It is possible your emails are being delayed or blacklisted by your recipient’s mail host.
- Try sending email via SMTP instead by using a plugin like EASY WP SMTP
- Try sending email via a 3rd party service like Mandrill with the wpMandrill Plugin
There was an error during the data migration but can be corrected by re-running the data migration. Under Sign-up Sheets > Settings > Advanced, click the “Re-run v2.1 Data Migration” button.