Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Another issue I have just noticed after upgrading to the current version (2.1.4.7) of Sign-up Sheets Pro is that the sign-up sheets are no longer allowing a user to sign up for more than one slot. I have not enabled the “task sign-up limit” or “spot lock” or “contiguous task sign-up limit” options.

Fetch Designs
    Keymaster

To help debug this, can you clarify what specific error message is being thrown when this happens?

OK, here’s what I figured out. You have apparently changed the default behavior of the plugin to disallow multiple signups for the same “task,” as opposed to available “slots” within a task.

This does not work well for my purposes because I want to be able to allow a person to sign up for multiple slots within a given task. I use the plugin on my church website. We have a monthly activity where we provide a Sunday dinner for homeless people. So, for example, I set up one task for “6 people to bring 20 servings of meat” and another task for “6 people to bring 20 servings of vegetables”, etc. Before I installed version 2.1.4.7, I was using version 2.1.3. In 2.1.3, the plugin allowed a generous person to sign up twice (or more) to bring 20 servings of meat, that is, the person could sign up for two (or more) slots within the same task.

In 2.1.4.7, a person cannot sign up for more than one slot within a particular task. No error message is generated, but when the person attempts to submit the second signup for a slot within the same task, the page refreshes but still displays the same signup page that the person tried to submit.

So, for the time being, I have reverted to version 2.1.3. This is not ideal because 2.1.3 uses a deprecated version of jQuery, but I’m OK for now since I have jQuery Migrate Helper enabled. It also is not ideal because 2.1.3 does not include the ability (implemented in 2.1.4.7 to clear multiple spots at once using checkboxes in the “Manage Sign-ups” function of a sign-up sheet (a great new feature, by the way, which I had suggested to the previous developer).

My urgent request is that you update Sign-Up Sheets to allow a person to sign up for more than one slot within a particular task — perhaps by making this an option in settings under “Sign-up Sheet”.

In the first paragraph above, I misstated what I meant. The second sentence should read: “You have apparently changed the default behavior of the plugin to disallow multiple signups for available “slots” within a “task” while still allowing multiple signups for different tasks.

Fetch Designs
    Keymaster

Thank you for the additional information. I will take a closer look and get back to you on this.

Fetch Designs
    Keymaster

I reviewed and was unable to reproduce. In the scenario you mentioned, once the person submits the second signup for the same slot it should produce a message asking them to confirm “You have already signed up for this task. Do you want to sign up again?” I suspect there may be a theme or other type of conflict that is suppressing this message. Can you provide a url where this is occurring so I can test on your site?

If you need to keep the URL private, you can click “Set as private reply” before clicking the “Submit” button here on this forum to prevent your reply from being viewed publicly.

The sign-up sheet in question is at https://uucomo.org/blog/sheet/loaves-and-fishes-dinner-jan-17-2021-2/.

Keep in mind, however, that I am currently running Sign-Up Sheets version 2.1.3, as I indicated above, because it does not disallow a person from signing up for more than one slot under a particular task.

If you want me to install version 2.1.4.7 for testing purposes, let me know. I can do that temporarily because we’ve not yet publicized the availability of the signup for Jan. 17.

I can tell you that I am running jQuery Migrate Helper on the site, and it is not detecting any deprecated code.

If you conclude that there is a possible plugin conflict, I have WP STAGING installed on the site and can create a staging site to test for that.

Fetch Designs
    Keymaster

Yes, if you could either upgrade to 2.1.4.7 for testing purposes or setting up a staging site that would be helpful.

Fetch Designs
    Keymaster

You can try and debug on your end by switching back to one of the built-in themes that comes with WordPress like Twenty Twenty. If that solves the issue there is a conflict with the theme that I can look into further. If that doesn’t work, please try and disable your plugins one by one and retest until the issue is resolved. That should help identify which plugin (if any) are causing a conflict. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Fetch Designs
    Keymaster

Just following up on this thread… I was able to reproduce similar behavior when running Sign-up Sheets with the Yoast SEO plugin. There is a fix which will be released with the next version of Sign-up Sheets Pro to resolve that issue as well as similar conflicts from other plugins.

Pawel Krepsztul
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.