Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jim01
    Participant

Sent in a form, but thought I’d try the community…
    Interested in Sign-Up Sheets Pro but was wondering how it handled users… if there was a connection between Sign-Up volunteers and WP users? In my perfect world, I would want all volunteers to be WP users as well, either by Sign-Up sheets creating the user (ideal) or only allowing WP users to sign up for a task.
    Thoughts?
    Thanks.
    Jim

• This topic was modified 9 months ago by Jim01.
    Fetch Designs
    Keymaster

Hi Jim,

There is a connection between the sign-up and the WP users, but currently it’s only to link sign-ups to a user so they can later remove themselves if needed or so you can export the sign-ups and know who was logged in when the sign-up came through. There is also a feature in progress that is expected to be released with the next version of the plugin that will allow your users to see a list of all the tasks they’ve signed up for in one place.

However, I believe you can accomplish what you are looking for if you use a separate plugin in conjunction with Sign-up Sheets. If you use a plugin such as WP-Members it will allow you to restrict the sheets to only be available once the user logs in. Once installed, just make sure to go to Settings > WP-Members and under the “Custom Post Types” section, check the box next to “Sign-up Sheets” which allows you to secure individual Sign-up Sheets to require you user to log in before accessing them.

Let me know if that works for your needs or if not, what changes you would like to see instead.

Thanks!

Jim01
    Participant

Brilliant. Simple. And I use members anyway. In this case, I might actually go with their paid plugin. Regardless, I’m in. I’ll buy and install your Pro version, maybe tonight, else tomorrow morning.
    Looking forward to it. I’m switching over from a large site that ran on Invision to a full WordPress cluster of sites and the volunteer one is super important to me.
    Thanks again.
    Jim

Jim01
    Participant

Done. Pro.

Fetch Designs
    Keymaster

Happy to help! Feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions.

Thanks,
    Steph

Happy with Sign-up Sheets and the support you received? Leave a review!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.