If you need to add a number of tasks at once, you can do this easily using an import plugin such as WP Ultimate CSV Importer (any import plugin should work as long as it can import custom meta fields into a custom post type).
Fields you will need in your File
To import tasks you will need a few required fields and any number of additional custom fields which are optional.
- Task Name: the
post_titlefield on the task
- Sheet ID: the
post_parentfield on the task which tells the importer which sheet the task should be assigned
- Quantity: correlates with a custom meta field for how many spots are available called
- Sort Order: the order they will appears in the task list such as 1, 2, 3, etc and uses the custom meta field
- Custom Fields: the field name will vary depending on how you set up your custom fields
Example Task Import
- Create a CSV file with the fields you need like in this example task import CSV (also displayed below).
- Import the CSV into the plugin and select to import as
dlssus_taskpost type (some import plugins will refer to this as just “Tasks”.
- Link up the columns in your CSV to the related WordPress fields as described in the previous section.
|Sample Task||30092||13||2||Here is a test comment|
* In this example,
task_commentis an optional custom field