The Sign-up Sheets plugin contains a POT master translation file to allow for language translations. You can translate in couple different ways depending on your preference.
Manually Create Translation File
You can use a program like Poedit to create your translation file and follow the steps below…
- Open the Sign-up Sheets translation file in Poedit
- The file can be found at wp-content/plugins/sign-up-sheets/languages/sign-up-sheets.pot in the Free version of the plugin or wp-content/plugins/sign-up-sheets-pro/languages/sign-up-sheets.pot in the Pro version of the plugin
- Select the language used on your site
- Example: French (Canada)
- Tip: You can also select “English (United States)” if you just want to change some of the current English text to something else
- Select the “Source Text” you want to translate and then enter your translation in the “Translation” field
- Save the file in the directory wp-content/languages/plugins/
- If you translated to “French (Canada)” you would save the filename as fdsus-fr_CA.po. If you selected “English (United States)” you would save the filename as fdsus-en_US.po
Once complete, you should now see the new text appear on the site.
Translate Using a Plugin
Alternatively, you can install a plugin to allow creating translation such as using a plugin like Loco Translate. As of Sign-up Sheets plugin version 2.2.7 support has been added for Loco Translate. If you run into any issues with other translation plugins, please contact us for support.